The ramblings of a guy with a whole lot of questions.


Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dear Guardian Angel,




Dear Guardian Angel,

I just wanted to you apologize for wasting your time. I know you've worked really hard and ridiculous amounts of over time. And time and time again I've gone off and done something completely stupid and asinine. I hope you don't feel like a failure or anything. I mean, its really not your fault. I'm kind of a lost cause. No matter what happens I have no one to blame but myself. I certainly don't blame you for all the trouble I've found myself in. I just seem to choose the wrong path more often than not. You know what's even more ridiculous? I know full well how good it feels to choose the right path over the wrong path and I still do it! You must think I'm a complete moron. Remember that whole "obey the nudge" thing? Remember how awesome that was. I did some really silly things then, but it felt so good. I helped people without a second thought as what it was going to cost me. Anyways, I'm sorry you've had to sit idly by and watch me run head long into brick walls over and over again. No one should have to endure watching someone fail as frequently and tragically as I do.

I also wanted to let you know that I'm releasing you of your duty to me. There's someone way more deserving of your services than me. I know she's probably already got someone watching over her, but maybe you two could team up and really guard her for me. She's precious. She's gifted. I'm a better person just for knowing her. I dread the day that he hurts her again. If I can't be there for her, can you promise me that you will? Because honestly, if I am there. I'll just choose the wrong path again and do something I would later regret. Remember that dream? Yeah, that was a little too real. At the same time the dream really showed me how deep this thing goes. Know what I mean?

So thanks for all your hard work and good luck in all your future endeavors. Sorry I was so much trouble for you.

-dp

No comments: